Saturday, January 23, 2010

Saturday, January 23, 2010 - Update

Tonight, Ryan and I let Olivia spend some time with Grandma and Grandpa Sailing and headed to the Thunder hockey game. It was their first game in our city's brand new Intrust Bank Arena. I used to go to Thunder games back in high school and college, but Ryan and I have never gone together. It was a sold out crowd and Phil Stacey was there to perform as well. We had a great night, but it's nice to be home in bed. I'm not used to being out past 8 pm.


Ryan had to get a picture of one of the many fights. I'm still not sure if hockey players fight because people want them to or if they have an overdose of testosterone and adrenaline. Maybe it's a bit of both. The highlight of my night, however, was when I got to meet Phil Stacey.

For those of you who don't know, Phil Stacey was an American Idol finalist and is a Wichita native. Very nice, personable guy, although I couldn't think of anything to say to him.

I left with an autographed CD and forgot for a second, that I was at a hockey game. Thanks to my hubby for a great night!

No comments: