Monday, October 10, 2011

Monday, October 10, 2011

Busy busy day today.  Ryan was off for Columbus Day, so we decided to declutter and reorganize the storage room.  Wow, we had a lot of stuff and I’ll admit (other than Olivia’s clothes and toys) it was mostly mine.  I have a habit of keeping everything.  Some of our findings?  A box of brand new towels (wedding gift, I think) a big box of my old purses, two ice cream makers, my old Sega Game Gear, and every syllabus, folder and assignment I ever did in college. 

photo (26)

This is what we had to contend with.  We have a huge storage room in the basement.  Sometimes, however, when you have a lot of room you don’t take the time to really organize it because you don’t have to.  We just got in the habit of tossing things in there and it was in desperate need of re-organization.  It was actually quite cleansing to get rid of stuff.

photo (27)

The best thing I found?  My bunny poster!  It hung in my room throughout childhood and reminded me to become the best person I could be.  It says: What you are is God’s gift to you.  What you become is your gift to God.  I thought it was lost forever.  It’s now hanging in Olivia’s room.

photo (28)

Kelsey also had her spay surgery today. . .poor baby.  She is just not doing very well tonight.  I don’t remember Autumn being so sad and tired after her surgery.  I was getting ready to hang up clothes from the dryer when she found a nice warm spot to lay.  I didn’t have the heart to move her.  Hopefully, she’ll bounce back soon!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Ahh!! I wish I lived in Kansas! That storage room looks like so much fun!! But.. I'm an organizing freak, so that excites me so much! Lol... :)