Sunday, January 29, 2012

Paxten Reede Pearson

425843_10150533271568687_631933686_9105293_2051918872_n[1]

March 10, 2010 -  January 29, 2012

Many of you have come to know Paxten.  She is the niece of my very best friends growing up and her family is like my own.  She was diagnosed with leukemia in December 2010.  She underwent a bone marrow transplant about a month and a half ago.  Although the transplant was successful, she suffered many post-transplant complications.  I’m so sad to tell you that sweet Paxten is now in the loving arms of Jesus.  She passed away earlier this evening.  Sometimes God does not answer our prayers the way that we want Him too, but He does have a purpose for it all. We just have to trust in that and in the fact that God does love us even when we are faced with unimaginable pain.  This is seemingly an easy thing to understand. . .until the thing you want most in the world is not to be.  I prayed and prayed for my son to remain on earth and yet that wasn’t God’s purpose for him.  I’ve spent the last four years trying to make sense of it all. It will probably never make sense to me. . .on earth.  God’s purpose is bigger than what our minds can comprehend.  But, God is in control and trusting in that is what faith is all about.  Paxten was such a special girl and her impact on this world will be felt for a long, long time.  Please continue to pray for her parents, Blake and Libby, and their entire family.  Keep them near and dear to your heart.

Here is a link to their caringbridge site. 

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/paxtenpearson

There is also a facebook group set up called Praying 4 Paxten:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/308943799148496/

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are sent ur way. I am so sorry for the loss of ur sweet child.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Praying for the family with tears in my eyes.

Moreno Family said...

Sorry for your loss. Words can not explain the impact she had on the world. Praying for you and your family.

Brandi W. said...

Paxten's family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I have been following her story since you posted it. I cried as I was reading this and hugged my boys extra this morning.