Saturday, March 10, 2012

Body By Vi

This past week, I started the Body By Vi Challenge.  They are basically shakes that you drink every day to help with either weight loss, blood sugar control,  better nutrition, more protein, more energy, etc.  For weight loss, you replace 2 meals a day with the shakes.  To maintain weight, you just replace 1 meal a day.  I started it to gain better control of my blood sugar and to add more protein to my diet.  The best part is that the shakes taste like cake mix and there are over a hundred (mostly sugar free) recipes to try.  My favorites include:

Butterfinger (Tastes like a butterfinger blizzard, but is safe for diabetics!!)

8 oz. Almond milk, 2 scoops Vi-Shape shake mix, 2 Tbsp. sugar free butterscotch pudding mix, 1 Tbsp. reduced-fat peanut butter & 5 ice cubes. Blend well in blender.

Apple Pie

8 oz. Almond milk, 2 scoops Vi-Shape shake mix, 3 Tbsp. unsweetened apple sauce, 2 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract & 6 ice cubes. Blend well in blender.

Here is a list of 100 recipes!  The possibilities are endless and my Magic Bullet is finally being put to good use. 

http://www.livingsmartgirl.com/2011/08/100-body-by-vi-shake-recipes/

These, of course, won’t work for everyone, but they are exactly what I was looking for.  I can even drink one along with a not so diabetic friendly meal and the added protein keeps my blood sugar from spiking.  I have the least expensive package (Body By Vi Balance Kit) that includes 1 shake per day for about $50 per month.  That comes out to less than $2 per shake which is less than the cost of a meal.  And, if I get three people to sign up under me, I get the shakes completely free.  (And if you join and get three people under you. . .yours are free as well.) 

http://jodiglunt.bodybyvi.com/

If you want any additional info, please email me at jsail63@hotmail.com.  I will help and encourage you in any way that I can.