Thursday, October 25, 2012

Thursday, October 25, 2012

This morning I had a biophysical profile test done and I will continue to have them done weekly until I deliver.  This is an ultrasound that measures your baby’s heart rate, muscle tone, movement, breathing and the amount of amniotic fluid around your baby.  Basically, it measures how well your baby is doing in the womb.  The highest score that you can receive is an 8/8, which is exactly what my little Abigail received.  She is doing perfect.  And my cervical length hasn’t changed in 10+ weeks and is looking great.  I am on my way to having a full term baby!  I can’t go past 38 weeks because my previous classical/vertical c-section puts me at risk of uterine rupture if I were to go into labor.  So, I will have a scheduled c-section at 38 weeks, which is around December 10th.  That’s the tentative date of my c-section, which is also Olivia’s Homecoming Day. . .the day we brought her home after 105 days in the NICU.  Doesn’t that just give you chills. . .that God would plan something like that?  December 10th has been such a special date in our family for the past 5 years and for that to be Abigail’s birthday is just truly amazing.  I just feel overwhelmingly blessed. 

Tomorrow we are taking Olivia to Veggie Tales Live and she is sooo excited.  We have been wanting to do something special with her before Abigail got here and this should be perfect.  And, I somehow managed to pay only $10 for $20 tickets, so another blessing for the day. 

We did get some ultrasound pictures of Abigail, but they aren’t very good and extremely blurry.  But, here’s a picture of Abigail in my tummy.  I’m so grateful that she’s still there!!

photo (57)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY YAY!! There is just absolutely no denying that God has planned every detail of little Abigail! Amazing! (And not much longer until she will be here ;-)
Love
Neva