Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother’s Day

photo (87)

Happy Mother’s Day to my mom.  I have been so blessed to have such an amazing mom all of my life.  Whether it was calming my fears as a child, playing Even Elephants Forget with me a million times, attending every school function I ever had, sleeping in a chair beside me (that we didn’t know folded out) every night while I was in the hospital as a teenager, taking me out for ice cream after I got dumped, keeping my house in order while I was pregnant, picking my daughter up from preschool or coming over at 3 am because my husband was gone and I had a newborn and a puking daughter.  She is always there when I need her.  35 years and always there.  Is there any greater mother than one who is always there when you need her? I try to be that kind of mother for my girls.  I hope that in 35 years, they can say the same about me.

Happy Mother’s Day to ALL of the wonderful mothers out there including my wonderful mother-in-law, my grandma, my grandma-in-law, my three wonderful sister-in-laws (or is it sisters-in-law?) and the many women who have been like a mom to me throughout the years.  Thank you for shaping me into who I am today.

No comments: