Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Broken Pieces


 I also wrote a poem after about a 10 year hiatus.  I've struggled with being a different person than I once was.  It has been a challenge to accept that I'll never be the same, but to also accept who I am as well.  Anyway, let me know what you think.  




Broken Pieces
By Jodi Glunt


Like broken shards of glass. . .

so small. They’re easy to conceal.

You can fit them in your pockets

and in time, you think you’ll heal.



Another break, pain multiplies.

It cuts.  This time it’s felt.

Yet still, you try to hide the pieces

beneath your broken belt.



You never think to ask for help.

The pieces are yours, after all.

You’re the one who let them break.

You’re the one who had to fall.



But over time, you drop a piece.

After that, is one piece more.

You cannot hold the weight of them

and they spill upon the floor.



Broken pieces everywhere

of a person you once knew.

But time and pain got in the way

And robbed yourself of you.

No comments: