Sunday, March 22, 2020

Spring Update

Wow, it has been months and months since I posted.  Life gets so busy.  With this coronavirus quarantine, I think it has given everyone a chance to slow down a bit.  It is hard because with that, I have also lost many hours at work. I work at a preschool and it has been closed for the rest of the school year.  That is both sad and scary at the same time, but I have loved the extra time with my kids.  So, I thought I would give an update on how they are doing.


They both got Nintendo Switch Lites for Christmas so they can be seen playing Mario Kart at least once per day.  I remember playing that with them when they were little and going easy on them.  

Now they beat me pretty bad.  I think they have even beat their dad a few times.  They are good!!

Olivia:

She is doing well and is in 6th grade this year.  Olivia still plays piano and flute in band at school.



I think she may be taller than me in about a year.  Ha.  She's still on growth hormone injections every day for gastroparesis, which is really an awful thing.  It causes her nausea almost every day.  She has loved school this year and was not all that happy that she won't be going back to her school to finish out the year. Thanks coronavirus.  Olivia found her best friend, Miriam, last year in 5th grade and they are in classes together this year as well.  They also play the flute together.


Olivia and Miriam


She still has, of course, her kitty, Kelsey, and loves cats.  She also added her hamster, Luke, this year.  Super sweet hamster, but drives her crazy at night with his incessant chewing.

Luke

Luke (isn't he cute?)






I am always so super proud of the sweet, loving and caring person she is.  Just amazing.

Abigail:

She is doing well also.  She has struggled a bit with anxiety in school.  Abigail is very much a perfectionist and cares deeply about what everyone thinks of her.  She, however, is a stellar student and sets high expectations for the rest of the class.  Sometimes she resents those expectations.  She is super smart and met her end of year benchmarks by October.  She can also somehow pull off making sunglasses with the lenses popped out look cute.


She also got a hamster this past year.  Well, first she got a hamster named Boston and he sadly passed away within a week of bringing him home from wet tail.  It was so sad and just broke her heart. After a few months, she decided to try again and we got Lollipop.  Lollipop Fancypants.  She is a super sweet, social hamster. . .a great pet for a kid.  I've even become attached to both of the hamsters.

Lollipop

Lollipop

Abigail is going to try out softball this year.  She is very athletic so I think she will do well with whatever she wants to do.  So, we will give this a shot and see what she thinks of it.  I'm hoping that it doesn't get cancelled along with everything else. Abigail is so amazing.  I know I'm probably biased, but I do think my girls are the best human beings in the world.  Smart, kind, funny, beautiful inside and out.  I hope they someday see themselves through my eyes.  U







Anyway, so tell me how the coronavirus has affected you in your neck of the woods.  How has it changed your daily life?? And are you able to find toilet paper????

No comments: