Friday, September 21, 2007

Friday, September 21, 2007 - Update



Jesus said "I have come that you may have life, and have it to the full"
- John 10:10

I’m happy to say that today was a better day for all four of us. Ryan and I actually went out to eat at Olive Garden which was the most normal thing we’ve done in weeks. Ryan took the day off as he didn’t get much sleep last night. He woke up at 2 am when I got up to pump and had finally gotten back to sleep when the phone rang at 3:30 am. Getting a call from the NICU at 3:30 am in the morning is one of the scariest experiences that I’ve ever had (and I’ve been robbed at gunpoint.) Logan’s tracheal tube had come out. They had to put a mask on him and bag him until one of the doctors was able to put a new tube in. He was never without oxygen and is doing fine. He also seems to be doing a little better today. His oxygen is a little bit lower. . his urine output keeps fluctuating, however. They thought about starting his feedings again, but have postponed that for a bit. We were able to spend quite a bit of time with him and were able to read him a story. Ryan got to change his little diaper.

We were able to spend some time with Olivia as well. She seemed to enjoy her story and she loves it when momma holds her. Her abdomen has looked a little blue lately, so that is something that they are monitoring. She is on 14cc of my milk. . that’s it. . .they stopped the IV fluid. They have added a human milk fortifier to add some calories for her. It’s wonderful that I’m able to nourish her body with my milk when I feel unable to help her most of the time. What a sweet little girl she is!!

We’re happy to say that Olivia’s weight has finally surpassed that of our smallest guinea pig, Persephone. She has a ways to go, however, to surpass all of them as I believe Bailey is close to 3 lbs. Oh, I have 6 guinea pigs and 2 rats, by the way. (Rats, you say?? My rats are actually two of the smartest, gentlest, most affectionate little creatures ever.) My animals helped me get through some tough times when I was unable to get pregnant. They continue to be a source of comfort for me. Ryan is my biggest source of comfort and I think God uses people (and even animals) to provide comfort to us in our times of need. I’ve felt so much better today just spending time with Ryan which is what I needed. I have to say that I feel like I have the strongest marriage in the world. No matter what is going on around us. . .I know that our love is strong enough to get through it. I also know that God is taking care of our babies. I know that He is hearing all of your prayers and I could never thank all of you enough. If you ever wonder what you can do for us. . just pray, pray and pray some more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good morning everyone!
Wow! This is such amazing news! Congratulations! That's fantastic! I can't express how happy I am enough! Ugh, that's just so wonderful! I can't imagine what you could've been feeling when the phone rang. I would've been scared out of my wits!
Love you all, Keep pulling,
Shea