Monday, February 2, 2009

Monday, February 2, 2009 - Update

Thanks for all of the birthday wishes. . .I had a great birthday. I think my favorite gift was watching Olivia push her walker all by herself. Well, and the 13 hours of sleep followed by 12 hours of sleep wasn't too shabby either. And, the fact that I have a birthday massage in about an hour. Ryan took one of his vacation days today to give me a relaxing 3 day weekend. . .how nice is that? Olivia, however, woke up around 5:45 am and I decided to bring her into bed with us. I don't know how people sleep with their children. Olivia likes to sleep sideways and try to push me out of bed. . .nothing like having a heel jammed into your eyeball first thing in the morning. We're all a little less cranky when we sleep in our own beds.

I'm surprised, however, that she got to sleep at all last night. She was bouncing off the walls and running around the house squealing. I don't know if it was because she got to see grandma and grandpa yesterday or if it was because of her late afternoon nap. More than likely it was the fact that she decided to drink out of daddy's cup last night and discovered that she loved Mountain Dew. I think she might bypass the sippy cup and straw and go straight to a cup. We just have to get her to drink things other than Mountain Dew.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Our girls went straight to cup, too. At least Mountain Dew has calories. No food value, but lots of calories. = )