Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday, May 18, 2009 - Update


Olivia got a little too up close and personal with a woof woof today. Our neighbor has a very big and very friendly golden retriever. Olivia was in her stroller and we set out for an afternoon walk when our neighbor's dog spotted us. Animals are just drawn to this little girl. Before I knew it, he was licking Olivia up and down the face and I thought he was going to jump up on her in the stroller. I was trying with all of my might to get him away from her. There's friendly and then there's a bit too friendly. I didn't want Olivia to become terrified of all things furry. Finally, our neighbor came out and called his dog back home. Of course, Olivia wasn't the least bit upset that a dog ten times her size gave her a bath in his doggie drool. She just kept squealing and saying, "woof, woof." If I wasn't such an animal lover myself, I might be more upset. The mama in me, however, did take the place of the animal lover for just a bit. Something like that would traumatize most children. But, thankfully, it seemed I was the only one traumatized because of my germaphobe tendencies.

Anyway, I am enjoying my new vehicle. Olivia, however, is not. You'd think that I was sending her away with a stranger by the way she cries when I put her in her car seat. Once we get settled and I turn her music on, she's fine. I guess it will take some getting used to. This sounds silly, but. . .my CR-V makes me feel like a mom. I feel like I have been cheated out of so many typical mom experiences, so I welcome any new ones. Last night, I went for a drive. . .by myself. . .moonroof open. . .in my pajamas. . .music playing. . .and it was wonderful. It also feels safer having Olivia in a bigger vehicle as well, so that's one less thing to worry about. Now, I just have to convince Olivia that it's okay to ride in it.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Tonight how about you make that drive by our house and show off your new wheels?

Unknown said...

I don't like big dogs. I'm scared of them. So glad it didn't scare here. That is the reason I am scared of big ones -- I had one jump on me when I was little. TFS

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the doggie exposure went well!! We will have to take a spin in the new car sometime soon! It was great to see you last week!! I miss your sweet smile!
Marilee

Becky said...

Ha! I've done that same thing (go for a drive by myself at night with the moonroof open and music blaring) only not in my pj's. :-) I'll have to remember to add that to the list next time! I'm so glad you're enjoying your new wheels!!