Friday, July 10, 2009

Penelope


Princess Penelope

Oh, what a day. Came home tonight to clean the guinea pig cages like we do every Friday night and found that Penelope had died. I thought she would outlive them all. . .she was stubborn enough. She was almost 7 years old, which is the longest that any of our guinea pigs have lived. I got Penelope back when I was living in my Andover apartment and planning my wedding. She moved three times with me. She was one of the guinea pigs that I was especially close to. . .except when I was pregnant. For some reason, Penelope would not have anything to do with me while I was pregnant. . .she wouldn't even let me pet her. It was the oddest thing. . .like she thought she was being "replaced." She definitely acted like she was royalty with a take charge attitude. She kept the other girls in line. Penelope will be greatly missed.

2 comments:

Juliette said...

I'm so sorry to here about Penelope.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I am so sorry. She sure was cute.