Thursday, May 13, 2010

Hair

So, for Mother's Day, Ryan surprised me with a new flat iron! You see, my hair is pretty thick and hard to straighten. The last time I got my hair cut, I asked my stylist what kind she uses. . .because it straightened my hair quickly. She said she uses one called u smooth that I had never heard of, but she would be able to order me one at cost. It was too expensive (although not much more than my chi. . .which I have never liked.) I later told Ryan about my plan to save up money each month to buy my new flat iron. Little did I know, Ryan was saving up HIS money and ordered me one for Mother's Day. Isn't that sweet? I got it tonight and had to try it out. Ryan doesn't understand why this one is better than my other one, so I actually made him straighten a bit of my hair with my old one and then my new one. Sold. He now understands. :)

Speaking of hair, Olivia got her hair cut today. She went with her cousins again. And. . .she even sat in the chair this time! What a big girl! Thanks to Grandma and Aunt Kimmy for taking her. Okay, enough talk about hair. Hopefully, I can get some pictures of Olivia with her new hair cut and talk again about her.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

I have a chi and hate it too. I'll have to check out the U smooth!

Amanda said...

too funny what everyone is saying about their chi! Good to know, because my old straightener just went out.. and I was going to try and get Rodney to get me a Chi! They have them at Target... But not, definitely not getting one..lol.. how much IS a U Smooth? lol.. do I have to sell a body part to afford one?! :) o yeah, and totally funny that Ryan straightened a piece of your hair to see how much better it worked.. lol.. what a man! :)

Redheaded Mama said...

I don't use my straightener often enough to tell you what it is. I will say that I won't buy a Chi product. The owner of the company just ran in the primaries for Texas Governor and showed what a jerk he is. My hairdresser doesn't like his products or the man himself (and felt that way before he ran for office).

Megan B ♥ said...

I love that he did a side by side on the flat iron!! That's a real man for you! Kudos! LOL!

HansonTriplets said...

I need the information about this strightner for sure!! Also I am looking for someone to cut my hair. My lady quit and the last one I used was SUPER expensive! Can you believe what is happening to the Stratton's? It made me cry when I found out. It just breaks my heart that after all they have been through they now have to tackle this. So sad...I hope you all are doing well.