Monday, May 24, 2010

Monday, May 24, 2010 - Update

I am such a big girl!

Why, you ask? For the first time EVER, she did amazing at her eye appointment. Usually, she starts screaming/crying the second that she catches a glimpse of her doctor. Olivia and I talked a lot about this appointment and how important it is to be a big girl. We talked about not crying and letting the doctor look in her eyes. We talked about the light being like a firefly. Grandma Sailing came along and talked to her about being a big girl. We brought along her trusty sidekicks, Gogum and Lily. I don't know if all of that worked or if she just decided that the eye doctor might be okay, but she did awesome. You could tell that she was a little apprehensive and she cried just a bit when he turned the light off, but. . .wow. She even said hi to him and snuck in a smile or two. She has never done that. I was so proud of her. . .I was beaming! Maybe we can stick with the ophthalmologist after all.

3 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

Oh, congratulations!! Hopefully she will remember this positive experience next time and just build on it for the future!

Kerry said...

Oh Olivia! I'm so proud of you being such a BIG GIRL! I love your nightgown too by the way.

angie c said...

Yippeee! Both of my girls (Brooke then, hannah now) seriously disliked our family doctor. last two times hannah has been there sh'es started crying the second he walked in the room. Brooke did the same thing at that age... and now she just giggles and charms his socks off. hopefully Hannah will get that way too!