Thursday, June 10, 2010

Thursday, June 10, 2010 - Update

Wow, what a fantastic day! It was a busy day, but a good day. Our day began with our second try at gymnastics. It went wonderfully. My SIL, Shelley, came with us (to give me support more than anything) and Olivia acted completely different. She wasn't able to do many of the techniques and needs to learn to do forward rolls, I guess, but she wasn't crying or throwing a fit. She'll have time to learn how to do everything. . .I just didn't want her interrupting the entire class while she did. I couldn't be more thrilled!

Then, we headed to her first evaluations with the school district and met with the psychologist. I think she did everything very well , but when she got to some pictures she didn't know (like chains and a funnel) she jumped up and performed a great rendition of Ring Around The Rosie. How could anyone not fall in love with this girl? She is behind where she needs to be, but I think she's doing a fantastic job and loving life in the process. Oh, one thing we need to work on. . .when Olivia was asked if she was a boy or girl, she said boy. . .so more dresses, pigtails and pedicures are in her future. :)

One funny story before I go. . .After I got out of the shower tonight, I walked out into the dining room to find Olivia's face and shirt covered in what looked like chocolate. I asked Ryan what she had been eating. He informed me that she hadn't eaten anything. I looked at her and again asked Ryan what she had eaten. Then, I saw the tube of lipstick on the table. Ryan then told me how Olivia had been repeatedly saying, "It's not chapstick. It's not chapstick!" Now, it made sense to him. See what happens when I go to take a quick shower? At least it wasn't my good lipstick. :)

6 comments:

Kerry said...

Well, you just said more girlie things were in her future. She just started them for you by applying lipstick! I've been wanting to get my nails done again sometime soon. If you decide to take Olivia for a pedicure (how adorable was that picture of Izzy getting her nails done!!!), I would love to go with!

Kim said...

Ha! Sounds to me like she was doing a pretty good job of being a girlie girl! I just have one question. Was Ryan playing video games while this was going on? Because that would explain everything!

Amanda said...

Totally thought you were gonna say it was poop.. lol... sorry, thats the boy mentality coming out of me.. haha... girls wouldnt do such a thing :) btw.. Nathan doens't know what HE is either..lol.. "Nate? are you a boy or a girl?".. "uh, I'm Nathan!" :)So, she's just Olivia! :)

Jodi said...

Ryan was actually cooking dinner while this took place so no fault there. :)

Jodi said...

And, yes, wasn't that an adorable picture of Izzy getting her nails done? Doesn't get any cuter than that. Shelley will have to post that one on her blog. Too cute!!

Megan B ♥ said...

Fantastic! Sounds like an awesome day indeed!