Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Tuesday, October 5, 2010 - Update

For the first time EVER, Olivia did not cry when I dropped her off at school.  She just waved good-bye and walked to her class.  When I picked her up, I was told that there was a bit of crying towards the end, but they are seeing improvement every week.  I’m continuing to pray for this situation. . .

My poor Autumn is still sick.  As was the case last year, the steroid injection for her asthma lowered her immune system which activated a mycoplasma infection.  Mycoplasma is always there, but usually remains dormant and doesn’t cause any symptoms. . .until periods of stress, steroids, etc.  So, each year we are most likely going to have to give her a steroid shot followed by a round of antibiotics.  Good thing she’s not a stray or outdoor cat. . .she wouldn’t survive a day!  Can’t wait until my sweet kitty is back to her normal self. 

Also, it was three years ago yesterday that I was able to hold Olivia for the first time.  I meant to post this yesterday, but didn’t find the time.  I look exhausted. . .I don’t know how I made it through each day.  We had buried our son two days prior.  Holding our daughter was something we really needed that day. . .and we haven’t let go since!

IMG_0636

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I've seen that picture a thousand times before, and never put it together that it was AFTER Logan passed away. Let alone only 2 days after you buried him. Wow. I can't imagine your thoughts in this exact moment the picture was taken. Only a mom for a short month, and already been through more than most moms will ever go through. I've told you 100 times, but I'll tell you again... You are one of the strongest women I know. Love you!