Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Preschool. . .man, it’s tough.  Maybe more so on me, but it’s been an adjustment for all of us.  I’ve always led my daughter to believe that you don’t get up until the sun comes up (thus avoiding 5 am wake up times.)  The other day it was overcast and still pretty dark in her room when I went in to wake her up.  Olivia rolled over and said, “Mom, it’s not time to get up. .. the sun is not up yet!”  I know, darling, I know.  (Now I think she’s on to me and will someday realize that there is life before sunrise. Darn.)  But, truthfully, it’s tough to send her to preschool when she tells me she just wants to stay home.  And when I drop her off she tells me,”But I need you mommy and mommy needs me!”  There is a big window in her classroom that overlooks the parking lot.  She saw me pull up today and completely interrupted the class by shouting,”That’s my mommy!! My mom is coming! My mom is coming!” When I got to the classroom, she was still staring out the window.  I walked in and she came running to me saying, “I love you mommy!” Again. . .interrupting the class.  .  .sorry.  I don’t know if she just misses me that much or really doesn’t like school.  It’s still tons better than last year and last year she only went for an hour and a half!  At least the tears stop this year as soon as I leave.  It still doesn’t make it any easier on this mommy.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Ahhh...good 'ol "night morning"! Ha! That's what Aidan calls it. It takes most of the summer to break the 6:00 am wake up time around here, and a few weeks to get back into the groove of getting up again when school arrives.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! This is a good transition time before kindergarten. Some people act like we're crazy that our kids want to be with us so much and we want to be with them so much, even though we already spend so much time together, but I think it's GREAT that kids are excited to see their parents.I know my kids LOVE their preschool, but there are still mornings they don't want to get of bed or just want mommy. I bet she likes preschool but she just loves her mom more and what's wrong with that?! She won't run to you at 16, so I say enjoy every minute and don't feel one bit guilty! It's a good, normal problem to have :-)
Neva

Cyndi Hendrickson said...

Good luck. I hope it gets better soon. I'm already terrified about sending Chloe to school. Solana, my 6 year-old, was soooo easy. She was in daycare full time from 10 weeks so transition to school was cake. Chloe, on the other hand, is terribly clingy and is never away from me. School is a scary thought!