Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sunday, January 22, 2012

I sat down to write a post on a  issue that’s been tugging at my heart.  Sadly, I just don’t have it in me tonight to put it all into words.  Another time, perhaps.  So, I’ll keep this lighthearted and share a bit about what’s been going on lately.

The other day, Olivia was counting and I asked her how high she could count.

Olivia: 1,2,3,4,5 (she spoke really really fast.)

Me: No, not how fast you can count. . .how high can you count?

Olivia: (in a high pitched voice reaching up into the air (1,2,3,4,5. . . .)

__________________________________

Olivia enjoys going with me to the pet store to buy supplies and food for the cats.  She loves looking at the animals.  The other day, she came upon a big barrel of pig ears. . .ya know, the kind dogs chew on?  It horrified her and intrigued her at the same time.  She’s been talking about it ever since.  This morning, I wanted to take her downstairs to show her a surprise (we re-organized the play room.)  With a look of horror, she asked, “Is it pig ears? I don’t want to see pig ears!”  Poor girl is going to have nightmares about pig ears.

__________________________________

Yesterday, Olivia informed me that it was Ducky’s birthday.  She talked about it all day.  She even got out the wrapping paper and asked me if I’d help her wrap Ducky’s present.  So, we wrapped a few presents and sang happy birthday to Ducky.  If only I’d known, I would have baked him a little cake.  He’s 5 now, by the way.

photo (43)

____________________________________

1 comment:

Kim said...

I hope you wrote Ducky's birthday on the calendar so that you won't forget next year! lol!

P.S. Pigs ears freak me out too!