Saturday, March 17, 2012

Flu

Well, I'm going on day 7 of being sick and feeling worse than ever. I still have a temp, sore throat, headache, cough, fatigue, body aches, etc. I slept from 1-5 today and then called it a day at 7 pm. I just woke up at 11 pm and tried to force myself to eat. I've lost almost 5 lbs since Monday. I think it's influenza. I've had the flu one other time in my adult life and that was during college. The odd thing is that Olivia and I both got our flu shots this year. I miss my daughter as I didn't even get to help put her to bed tonight. And she keeps asking when I'm going to feel better. So, I don't know if I go to the doctor or not. Can they even do anything for the flu after I've had it for a week? I just want to feel better. Ugghh. I hope all of you are staying well.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness! Hate to hear that! Hope you turn around here soon! :( love you!!

Stacie said...

Good grief! I'm sorry that you have felt bad this long. Praying you find relief very soon! Sending prayers of healing and comfort to you. (((Hugs)))

Kim said...

Sounds like the same stuff Kaleb and I had about a month ago. It took 10 days before I felt better, and it took Kaleb even longer. He barely ate for over two weeks.

Anonymous said...

As far as I have heard they can give you anti-viral drugs for the flu, but you have to start them in the first 1-3 days for them to have an effect. As far as I know, but the last time I had the flu was 4 years ago, and I had bronchitis with it, so I got antibiotics and antivirals.