Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

photo (55)

Against my better judgment, I let Olivia take Peacock (her favorite Squinkie) to the park with her today.  We decided to take a walk around the park and Olivia later discovered that she no longer had Peacock in her hand.  I had one heartbroken little girl on my hands.  I almost called for a search party!  She was yelling for Peacock and telling him that she loved him and he was her best friend and that she would find him.  We retraced and retraced our steps for about 45 minutes!  I didn’t know how we would leave the park without Peacock.   And, honestly, I prayed that we would find him.  Then, I spotted him on the side of the road in the gravel.

She was so happy, I almost cried.  LOL!  She’ll accept no replacements. . .even if it is the exact same thing.  It must be HER Peacock with the broken wings and body that has been super glued back together about 10 times.  I guess he’s one in a million. 

photo (55)

And notice she had her first wipeout during recess and skinned up her elbows, knees and forehead.  I’m sure they’ll be many more to come. . .oh, the joys of childhood.  I remember continuously having scraped up knees.  LOL. 

No comments: