Thursday, October 11, 2012

OB Appointment

Well, I had another OB appointment this morning.  He did some more extensive iron/blood tests to figure out exactly what we are dealing with and the best course of action.  As I mentioned before, they want my iron to be between 35-155 and mine was <5.  At least I know the cause of my extreme fatigue.  The other day, I was playing hide and seek with Olivia and I fell asleep while counting to 10!!  Next thing I know, Olivia is asking me why I didn’t come look for her.  Wow, I really felt like a mommy failure at that moment.   Right now I’m just on an oral iron supplement in addition to my prenatal vitamin.  In two weeks, I start weekly biophysical profile ultrasounds.  That will determine how well the baby is doing in the womb.  Hopefully, she’ll get high scores and can stay in until 38 weeks.  I worry about how she is doing, however, with my high blood sugars and low iron.  My endocrinologist keeps raising my insulin doses, but comparatively my dosage is still pretty low.  It seems once we get out of the extreme prematurity danger zone, a whole new set of concerns pop up.  But, I’m still trying to take it day by day.  At least my blood pressure has remained perfect.  I sure don’t feel very perfect these days. . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww.I hope things get better soon. I had the bio physical U/S's with Carson. I remember he was always sucking his thumb! At least you get to see Abigail a lot! I had lots of U/S's due to the diabetes to keep up with his weight. My blood sugars never really were perfect even with the insulin. Keep up the good work! It will all be worth it when you are holding your baby girl!

Brandi W.

Jodi said...

Thanks Brandi. :) Yes, I am excited to see her every week. That's definitely a perk.

Jodi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.