Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The other night, I was just overcome with emotion at the thought that Abigail will be here in less than 2 months.  Olivia has just been a rockstar this year as she prepares for her big sister role.  Lately, I’ve been a bit grumpy dealing with my sleep issues and I know Olivia gets the brunt of that.  And, I worry about how she’ll react in the first few weeks of Abigail being home.  Olivia is incredibly spoiled and used to having my undivided attention.  She’s been the focal point of our world for 5 years! Even though the thought of being a big sister is very appealing to her, how will she really handle it?  Will she feel left out?  Unloved? It just breaks my heart.  So, the other night I went into her room (as she was half asleep) and just wanted to hug her and tell her that I loved her.  When I started to cry, she told me to stop or she would start crying.  Sure enough, she started crying too and we were both a blubbering mess.  (Poor Ryan. . .he’s going to have to put up with three of us soon!) Then, we decided to stay up late, watch a movie and I let her sleep with me.  I just hope she knows how much I love her and I hope Abigail will know how much I love her as well.  I’ve always heard that with each additional child, your love is not divided, but multiplied. 

And good news. . .my restless legs are getting better with the iron supplements.  The first night I slept without my legs bothering me, I was up with horrible hip pain!  I woke up every 30 minutes to switch sides.  Seriously, it felt like I was sleeping on a rock and I could barely walk for a few hours the next morning!  So, I went out and bought a foam mattress topper.  My hips haven’t been near as sore since.  Oh, the things you get to experience when you make it to 30 weeks! LOL! 

Lots more to talk about, but it’s been hard updating my blog lately.  I used to get on my laptop in bed every night, but it’s just too uncomfortable to sit in bed with my laptop anymore.  I need to update you soon with how Abigail’s room is progressing and how Olivia is outperforming her peers in preschool!  (She’s doing so awesome!) But, that will be for another day. 

photo (57)

Here’s one of Olivia with her bat.  You’ll rarely find her without a stuffed animal in her arms. 

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I just love how uncomfortable you are ;) I mean, in a good way. Cause that means miss Abigail is nice and comfy herself in there :) 30 weeks?!!!!!! Yay Abigail!! You're doing so good for mommy! And don't worry.. You won't even feel a difference in the love when she's here..it wil just flow :) love you! Can't wait to see the room!

Anonymous said...

It will all work out with Olivia. Carson has his moments with Evan but all in all he loves his Brother. Sharing is a different story but my kids are 12 months apart! After five years of tryng for Carson Evan was a big surrise and a preemie on top of it. Olivia will be your little helper and I have learned how to make time for each of them. Plus Olivia is in preschool so it will probably work out well. Like on Friday night my MIL is watching Evan so we can take Carson out for some Mommy and Daddy time. Like Amanda said, it will all flow. Glad your legs are better!

Brandi W.