Thursday, March 14, 2013

Mother Of The Year

Wow, if anyone DOESN'T deserve that title today, it's me. I got done feeding Abigail and noticed her nails were getting long. So, I cut her nails and it was uneventful. Then, I laid her down in her crib to go get her Zantac. I came back in and there was blood everywhere ( at least it seemed like it.) I freaked out and finally discovered it was coming from her finger. I had snipped her finger when I was cutting her nails!! I have never done that before! But, she wasn't crying and was smiling and bleeding everywhere. So, I tried to apply pressure while she's moving her arms everywhere. She seriously bled a lot!! Then, I realized that Olivia's band aids were too big for her little finger, so I desperately found some paper tape/bandages to use. Then, Olivia walked in and asked what was going on. Olivia cried for years when we cut her nails until we convinced her that it wouldn't hurt. So, I couldn't tell her what happened. She would be horrified! I just said that Abigail's finger was bleeding, but didn't tell her why. Luckily, she didn't ask questions. Sheesh. What a way to start the day! At least Abigail didn't cry or seem upset over it. That would have been even worse. I feel like the worst mom in the world right now though. I think I'll have Ryan cut her nails from now on.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww. Don't feel bad. Accidents happen. When Carson was a baby I cut his finger while clipping his nails. I cried because I felt so bad. He didn't even notice.

Alicia said...

I always heard people say that just bit their babies nails to keep from having to cut them, I Thought that was so gross and then I had Kylie and I was afraid of cutting her so I would bite them instead. I was scared to use the clippers and it was so much easier, at least for me!