Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Love You Forever

Olivia’s favorite book right now is Love You Forever.  We read it multiple times daily and every night before bed.  I’m sure many of you know it.

photo (88)

We’ve owned this book since she was a baby and have read it in the past.  Honestly, we kind of made fun of it because it creeped us out when the mom snuck into her grown son’s room to rock him.  LOL!  But, Olivia has really connected with it and it provides exactly the reassurance that she needs right now.

She has had so many questions lately about growing up and people getting old.  Olivia was afraid that if she grew up I would no longer be her mommy.  She never wants to leave her pink room or move away or grow up. I’ve tried really hard to provide her the reassurance that she needs right now. I tell her, “Yes, you can live with us in your pink room with your toys for as long as you want” knowing that someday she won’t want to anymore. And most importantly I will:

Love her forever, like her for always and as long as I’m living my baby she’ll be.

That’s exactly what she wants and needs to hear right now. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awww.......I love that book. We also like God Gave Us You. I love reading to the boys. Carson really likes it and Evan will sit still sometimes!