Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - Update

It was so nice to hear from Granny D. It’s always nice to hear from everyone who follows this blog. I can’t believe how many people Olivia and Logan have touched. I hope this blog creates awareness of prematurity and of all the things these babies have to endure. In talking with the physical therapist (PT) today, she is amazed at how well Olivia is progressing. Her life is nothing short of a miracle. The life of every child is truly a miracle. I can’t help but wonder what the world would be like if everyone truly believed that. I read a poem awhile back and I can’t remember all of it, but at the end it said that when God wants something great to happen, He sends a child. . . and then waits. That certainly rings true this time of year as we reflect upon the true meaning of Christmas. I cannot wait to see what Olivia has in store for all of us and what she does with the wonderful gifts that God has given her.

You are all probably anxiously awaiting the results of her eye exam today. They saw no change once again and she still remains at stage 1, zone 2. I just thank God every week that it hasn’t progressed. Of course, she wasn’t too happy about the exam, but I was there soon after and held her for almost 3 hours. She took 50 ccs for me in a bottle at 3:00 pm, but she has still been very inconsistent with her bottles. She only took 10 ccs at 6:00 p.m. Daddy held her from about 5:30 pm until 8:00 pm and she was asleep almost the entire time (so maybe I’m not that boring after all.) We were even able to take the prongs out of her nose at around 7:00 pm and they remained out when we left an hour later. I’m sorry that we didn’t get any pictures tonight. Olivia refused to wear the biliband and since her eyes had been dilated, we couldn’t turn on any lights or use the flash to take a picture. I promise we’ll post new pictures soon.


**The links below are now clickable. This was not an error on Jodi's part. The problem came about when I copied and pasted the links from an email to this blog. I apologize for any confusion. - Stacie **

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jodi,

You must be one proud mother. Olivia is such a fighter! I really can't wait to meet such an incredible kid. How much do you want to bet that as soon as your baby shower is over Olivia will start taking her bottle consistently? I think she knows she better not go home before then!!! She's just thinking of you! :-) Seriously though, I'm so glad that she continues to thrive and that she can both see and hear. What amazing gifts! I hope you are still planning on dinner tonight! I look forward to seeing you and hearing firsthand about all of Olivia's antics!

Kerry

Anonymous said...

Hey!
I'm glad that Livi's results were positive!! She is so incredible! But, she takes after the best, her parents. Ryan and Jodi, you have been so inspirational to me, in all that you've said and all that you do. And I'm thankful for this blog everyday! To hear how Olivia is progressing is always wonderful news! I feel very privelaged to know you and your daughter. Thanks for being so great!!
Love you lots, think of you all the time!
Stay Strong,
Shea

Becky said...

Happy 3 month birthday, Olivia!