Monday, December 10, 2007

Tuesday, December 10, 2007 - THE Update!




It wasn’t the day that I expected. It was a lot more stressful and emotional than I had planned it to be. It made it all worth it to drive up and see a pink Welcome Home Olivia sign. I still haven’t found out who put that up, but it meant the world to us. Rocking Olivia in her own room is one of the best things in the world. . .even better than sleep which I have had only a few hours of since Friday night. She is the most precious, most wonderful baby in the whole world. . .and she’s finally home with her mom and dad.

Number of months it took to conceive her: 32
Number of weeks I was able to carry her: 23
Number of days spent in the NICU and NSCU: 105
Finally taking her home. . .Priceless


In her crib for the first time.
Grandma Sailing holding Olivia for the first time.

Aunt Laura holding Olivia for the first time.

Olivia's first snuggle with Uncle Joel.

Olivia enjoyed tummy time during our time in family care.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS AND WELCOME HOME!!!!!!!! All of our love and prayers continue to be with you! XO

Anonymous said...

Well she did it! What an awesome girl! Now the journey can truly begin. Let me know if you need anything (you know like groceries or books!) you're going to be spending a lot of time at home for awhile. Enjoy it and try to get some sleep!

Kerry

Anonymous said...

Welcome home sweet girl! I cannot wait to hold you too!
Love,
Aunt Kimmy

Anonymous said...

Praise God! Remember Phil 4:6-7. Mary and Ed

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I have to say I choked up reading your blog today. What a miracle baby. She will do great things in her life because she is a strong girl! Welcome home Olivia!

Miracles said...

Congratulations to you all!!

It is such a great feeling to have them home. I remember having a million different feelings when the girl's came home. One of them being a "safe" feeling because I never had to leave them again.

23 weekers said...

Congratulations Olivia! I'm so happy to hear she is finally home.

Best wishes,
Shanon Woolley

abby said...

Welcome home, Olivia! You are such a big girl now and have come so far. We look forward to following your journey through this next great adventure with mommy and daddy!

Becky said...

Welcome Home, Olivia!!!!! Ryan and Jodi, congratulations on bringing your beautiful daughter home! Of course, I will continue to pray, but what a milestone! God is so incredibly good.

Sarah said...

Welcome home! The sleep will come... someday, I think! Congratulations :)

23wktwinsmommy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Welcome home Olivia! I am so happy for you guys. Enjoy it...time goes by so fast I can't even believe next month will mark 1 year that S&E have been home...it seems unreal!

p.s. S&E have the safari crib theme too! :)

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news!!! Welcome to our most anticipated neighbor! I hope you got Olivia's approval on your feeding schedule, she is the new boss, you know! ;^} Congratulations and welcome home Olivia!!

The Whitehills