Friday, January 11, 2008

Friday, January 11, 2008 - Update

I would like to say Happy Anniversary to my parents who met on a blind date 39 years ago today. They were set up, my brother and his wife were set up, Ryan and I were set up. . . .I guess we’re unable to find our own spouses. That’s okay because I couldn’t have picked anyone better myself. I also couldn’t ask for better parents and am truly grateful for all they have done for me. I can only hope that someday Olivia will say the same thing about her mom and dad.

Today my rats and I took a trip to the vet and didn’t get very good news. My sweet little rat has an infection around her eye and we are unsure of the cause. We started her on an antibiotic in hopes that will clear the infection. They started talking about tumors and eye removal surgery and I just don’t know how much I can endure. . . . both emotionally, physically and financially. We’ve had a guinea pig go through kidney failure and another with an abscess behind her eye. That was when we had two incomes and didn’t have any children to think about. Debbie, who works at the vet, shares my love of rats and I always enjoy visiting with her. My rats weighed 298 and 320 grams respectively. It really put it in perspective for Debbie when I told her that Olivia weighed 498 grams at birth.

The good news of the day is that I don’t think I’m catching a cold as I feel a lot better today. I don’t know what the cause was. Ryan sent me to bed at 10 pm last night because, as he says, I was “hanging by a thread.” I’m doing better today as I hope all of you are too.

Please keep Kinnick and Carver in your prayers as they are back in Detroit having surgery to help save their vision. I know it’s been very stressful for them and their family and I ask for continuous prayers for all of them

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping Carver and Kinnick in your prayers. They and their family have been through so much.

Also, through another post I clicked on this blog http://cfhusband.blogspot.com/ You have got to visit this site and keep this family in your prayers. Their story is AMAZING! Their 25 wk baby was just born and her mother has cystic fybrosis and is currently sedated and on a ventilator. Her husband is not sure she even knows about her baby being born yet. They have such strong faith in the Lord. The mother was on the list for a double lung transplant when they found out they were pregnant. They were advised to terminate the pregnancy, but chose life instead.
Neva