Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 - Update

I don’t have too much time to write tonight. Olivia is doing well, but we’re finding it hard to get her to sleep in her crib. I think she’s getting a little too used to sleeping with me at night. This is not allowing me to sleep at night and undoing all of my chiropractor’s hard work. (I can only sleep in a chair for so long.) It’s hard because if I could, I would hold her every second of every day. We’re struggling with this right now.

We also found out that Logan’s marker finally came in. We ordered it in October and it took a lot longer than the 6-8 weeks we were told. We go in Saturday to review it and they should have it out by next week. Finally. . .I’ve hated not having anything for him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We'll be praying that Olivia begins to like sleeping in her crib. We had the same trouble for the first few months at home. I always wondered if our baby wanted to be held so much because he spent all that time stuck in a NICU bed and now knew the good cuddly feel. Some things that helped us were getting a small basket/basinette (from Walmart.com- only $30) and swaddling him snuggly. We were told by PT and OT that preemies need to feel boundaries, so tried to create those for him. We also tried to have him fall asleep on us and then quietly move him to his bed without changing his position much. Also, I know this is hugely against the SIDS rules, but we let him sleep on his tummy according to drs. permission and he slept so much better. If Olivia still has the O2 monitor I would think that would be ok, but you'd want to ask your dr. Good luck! Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't, but it's worth a try.