Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - Update

Olivia and her stuff
Do you ever feel like you're reliving the same day over and over and over again. . .just in a different pair of pajama pants? With maybe some added vomit to your hair? Do you ever feel like you're repeating yourself? Hmm. . .I really need to get out of the house. Things have been a little stressful around here. Olivia threw up all of her bottle again today and it seemed unrelated to the phenobarb. We talked to her pediatrician's office today, so hopefully we'll figure out what we can do to help her. We're having trouble finding a formula that works for her. Breastmilk is not tolerated very well for some reason, so I'm officially giving up on that. She is on Reglan, but it hasn't been weight-adjusted since she was in the hospital. We're hoping to let her outgrow her dosage. It's just been one of those weeks, so you'll have to forgive me if I don't write a lot.

2 comments:

Nix said...

*delurking* I've been reading your blog for a while now but this post I had to respond to. My daughters were born 15 weeks prematurely and I had exactly the same problem with them not tolerating breastmilk. It really hurt the day I had to empty 30l down the bath (I'd been pumping and freezing for 4 months by that time). Our neonatologist told us that breastmilk is not the best nutrition for preemies!?!

Anonymous said...

My son was only 3 weeks early but he was a spitter upper. My breastmilk and numerous different kinds of formulas. The doctors said there was not a lot they could do as long as he was gaining weight. I know it is a huge pain in the rear constantly dealing with that. She seems to be healthy and thriving though. I ended up putting my son on regular cows milk way before the pediatrician recommended and he did great and is a very healthy 7 yr old now. Hang in there!