Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Don't click on spam comments

Anytime you see a comment that you are unsure of or that has a link attached, just ignore it. Don't click on it. Actually, you should never be asked to click on anything on the comment page. Stacie and I are working to get rid of these.

Thanks


Ok - I think I have fixed this problem at least for the time being. When you type a comment you will now have to complete a word verification to add your comment to the blog. I hope this will catch most of the problems we are having. I'm not sure why there has been spam recently. If for some reason a spammer gets through I will continue to delete these posts as I have been up to this point. Sorry folks!

Hope this helps! :)

- Stacie



2 comments:

23 weekers said...

I was having the same problem with Spam and unwelcome comments. You can also go to your settings/comments and select "yes" in the "Enable comment moderation". This will cause all comments to go to a specified email account of your choice where the comment can be "rejected", "deleted", or "Posted". All comments will be held in your email until you release them. It has cured any unwanted comments for me.

Anonymous said...

I've been out of the loop for a few days so thought I had better catch up on that precious Olivia and her equally precious family. I know that Mary and Bill were ecstatic to have you all over for Mary's Birthday - what a milestone! The video with Grandpa teaching Olivia to talk was quite cute, but let's face it - ANYTHING with Olivia in it is cute.
We want you to know that we are still praying for you and "keep those blogs"
coming!
Love Ya
M.A.