Thursday, May 8, 2008

Thursday, May 8, 2008 - Update

Lately, I've been trying to see the good in every bad thing that seems to happen in life. Sometimes it's very difficult to do, but I'm giving it a shot. Today, for example. . .

Olivia threw up most of her morning bottle, but. . .
I caught about 98% of it in her cereal bowl.


Now, Olivia's patch doesn't stay on her eye. I either used too much Maalox or didn't let it completely dry, but. . .
the Maalox worked and the patch wasn't painful to remove. Olivia even removed it herself. . .3 times.


We believe that switching to a faster flow nipple is causing some of Olivia's recent vomiting, but. . . . .it doesn't take her 30 minutes to eat anymore. (I think we are going to have to switch back, however.)


The past eight months have been the most difficult, trying times of my entire life, but. . .
I have the most amazing, miraculous daughter in the world.
It doesn't get better than that!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jodi, you're my hero! You continue to amaze me, and as you've shown, I believe that you'll never stop.
Thank you for staying strong, adn never giving up. I know that in most cases, that just seems like the easy way out. But, you stuck it through. You're the greatest!
Love you guys so much!
Stay Strong,
Shea♥

Anonymous said...

You sound just like Pollyanna! One of my childhood roll models. Jodi, you and Ryan are doing an amazing job being Olivia's parents. It is so fun to get to be a fly on the wall and listen to your ups and downs as a mom through your blog. Of course, it would be nice if there were no downs, but then how would we recognize the ups?
One of my favorite quotes comes to mind:
Attitude is life's paintbrush, it can color any situation.
Also a new favorite story:
Ask Julia or Rebekah to tell you the story of the two wolves sometime.
Laura

Casey's trio said...

I admire anyone's ability to look at the brighter side of situations and I absolutely love what Laura wrote in the comment above..."Attitude is life's paintbrush, it can color any situation."

Hugs to you! And Happy Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

Jodi,
Reading your blog is one of my favorite things to do when I am in front of the computer and your ability to write how you feel and how you handle every situation it just makes my day, I wish you the most amazing first mothers day, you are a wonderful mother and Olivia is so lucky to have you for her mother.

God gives each of us what we need and despite of the hard times you always find the hope that only He can can give. I admire the ability that you have to recognize that!

I love Laura's quote "Attitude is life's paintbrush, it can color any situation" I think if all of us do that and everyone have a good attitude the world will be a better place.

Olivia will be fine and one day it will click and she will be able to take her meals without any problems, you'll see.

Take care and have a happy Mothers day,

God is awesome:)