Thursday, August 14, 2008

Is There A Place In Your Heart?

For a baby rat like me?


I'm asking because a lady I know (fellow rat lover) was contacted by PetSmart because someone left two female rats in a shopping cart. Because she is so kind-hearted, she took both of them only to find out that one of them is pregnant. She is unable to keep the babies because she has already tried to save more than she can comfortably take care of. If she is unable to find homes for the babies, they will have to be euthanized. I would take them if I could, but we just can't right now. I told her I could surely find homes for them.


I cannot tell you enough positive things about pet rats. My two girls are amazing pets. I could go on and on about them. They bond very deeply with their owner. If you decide you'd like to have one (I would recommend getting two, however, because they are very social) you would be able to hand pick them out. The mama is ready to give birth any day!


Still haven't decided? This site has a lot of information and pictures about pet rats. Remember, they are as different from wild rats as dogs are from wolves. Anyway, if you are interested. . . .just email me and I will get you her number. When the baby rats are here, she will be bringing them to my vet's office in hopes to find them homes. Maybe they could come home with you??

No comments: