Friday, January 9, 2009

Friday, January 9, 2009 - Update

I got a new friend yesterday.
I love her!

Her name is Sophie la girafe (it's French.)

It is gorgeous outside today and Olivia and I enjoyed getting out for some fresh air. We're taking a quick break for some Baby Signing Time and a bottle and then we might head back out. These are the kinds of days when I wish we had a swing set.

How was there a giraffe that I didn't know about. . .especially one that's been around for 40 years? Olivia seems to like her. . .especially when she squeaks. I wish I would have gotten it for her sooner. Olivia still has lots of teeth waiting to wreak havoc on our lives, so hopefully this helps.

3 comments:

Chris and Machel said...

She is so precious! I love the picture below with the tooth brush. And I love giraffes. Thank you so much for all of the comments you post, they are extremely helpful. Give Olivia a hug for us. Take care & God Bless!

Kathryn said...

Oh that's Sophie! I forgot about her. I watch a lot of French Children and they all have her. She makes a great bath toy and her legs are just perfect for chewing on and they are not long enough to make the child gag. Great toy Im glad you guys now own your very own Sophie. Be careful though in about 2-3 years she starts to deteriorate. Good luck with everything!

God Bless!

Shanan said...

Hey Jodi I was just reading your blog so then I went over to your friends blog. Good new is she is a carrier of CF and does not have it. Not that being a carrier is good news but way better than having the disease. If her husband also carrys the gene then their children have a 1 and 4 chance in having it. My daughter is a carrier too. I have a niece and a nephew that both have CF.