Saturday, January 17, 2009

Guess What I Did?

Time for mom and dad to lower the crib!

We've been waiting and waiting for Olivia to pull herself up in her crib. Tonight, I went into the bathroom to get her toothbrush and I came back to find this! Because it took her so long to use her arms, she doesn't have a lot of strength built up in them. (She still doesn't push up to her hands to crawl. . .she crawls on her forearms.) She's working hard every day, though, and we were thrilled that she did this tonight. Ryan lowered her crib and Olivia thought it was a little odd. Hopefully, she sleeps okay tonight. She has also started taking steps while only holding on to us with one hand. What a big girl!

6 comments:

Cristi said...

Yay, Woo Hoo, Yee Haw - Good Job Olivia!

Alicia said...

How exciting! Congratulations Olivia!

Amanda said...

YEAH!!! Go Olivia!!!! that is awesome!!! I've always said, that once they pull up on something... its over! ..lol... meaning... they will be walking everywhere....soon! Even Jill's micro preemies did that..as soon as they pulled up... it was no time!... Go Olivia! You are such an amazing girl, and it makes your momma feel so good to see you hit a milestone!!!

Erin said...

Congrats! It is always so exciting to hit another milestone!

Jamie said...

It's so neat to see Olivia pull up to standing. I hope I find Lindy in her bed like that soon!

Lindy finally got over the cying/throwing up thing last week. Bedtime is SO much different and SO much better!

As for the straw, I can only say repeated exposure. I offered milk to them at breakfast, lunch and dinner and water at 2 snacks. At first Lindy didn't want it in her mouth and then she eventually let me. Then she started closing her lips around the straw and eventually started sucking. We are still working to get her drinking enough to take away the bottle. Will caught on a lot faster than Lindy but she did catch on. Our OT promised she would suck and she is! Our OT basically said no sippy cups, only straws. It might not happen as fast as you'd like, but it will happen! I'm glad you got the honey bear bottle. Nothing else lets you squeeze it up in their mouth.

Kerry said...

Wow! I was sooooo excited to see this post. Man, I missed out when I went to KC and didn't check the blog for a couple of days! What an awesome girl!