Thursday, January 1, 2009

Thursday, January 1, 2009 - Update

I've gotta go check out the vacuum cleaner.
It amazes me.

I'll just pack it up and take it with me.

I could watch dad vacuum for hours.


I hope all of you had a great New Year's Eve. I think this was the first year that I actually didn't make it until midnight. Olivia only took 2 oz at her nighttime bottle, so I was expecting her to wake up hungry in the middle of the night. I figured I'd better get some sleep while I could and sure enough. . .she woke up hungry. I do believe this latest battle is because of her teeth. Combined with her reflux issues (that I don't believe are completely under control) it makes it impossible to feed her. This last week has wiped me out. I think she's already developed an aversion to her bottle and trying to make it a pleasant experience while also making sure she eats something is a difficult task. I did order her a honey bear cup in hopes to transition her off the bottle since we haven't had much luck with sippy cups or straws. It seems as if she won't have to suck as hard with the honey bear cup. Luckily, Ryan's home for the rest of the week which provides me with some much needed assistance.

Today, we've been busy putting the Christmas decorations up. Olivia has become totally obsessed and fascinated with the vacuum cleaner. It's very cute. Every time it's out, she has to be right next to it. Hopefully, this fascination will continue as she gets older.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just an idea... have you tried just letting Olivia drink from a cup without a lid or anything? It takes a little practice but maybe she would like it???? Who knows?
Hope she gets these stubborn teeth out soon!

Becky said...

What adorable pictures! I hope Olivia's teeth come in soon-that can't be fun for any of you. Happy New Year!