Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thursday, February 12, 2009 - Update

Just checkin the blog. . .

It's official. . . .Olivia is not entirely like me. I think she is a (gasp) morning person. Not only did I purposely put her to bed 30 minutes later last night in hopes to grab a couple more minutes of sleep in the morning, but she woke up an hour and a half earlier than usual. Plus, she woke up twice in the middle of the night. She is the happiest, most energetic person in the morning and I'm having a hard time keeping up with her. This RSV hibernation is leading me to the brink of insanity. I sometimes dream of having play dates, letting Olivia play in a public park and with other children and other toys. I sometimes even dream of getting ready and going to work. I'm having a hard time finding new and exciting things for Olivia and me to do inside of our house. She keeps lengthening her day which makes it even harder (and she only takes an hour long nap all day long.) So, we're getting out more often and I just keep praying that I can keep her from getting sick. This morning, we went to Target. Afterwards, we stopped by to see my previous boss and co-workers. They just moved into a new office and we went to check it out. I loved it, by the way. Olivia enjoyed having a new place to explore and she had to make sure that they do, in fact, also have a toilet.

I think Olivia is just at that age where she is very active and loves to explore. I love the fact that she is my little energizer bunny. . .I just wish I could keep up with her better. It is hard to balance her need to stay healthy with her need to develop and explore the world. Any advice from other micro-preemie moms who are in the same predicament?

2 comments:

Miracles said...

I remember being in the same place you are in right now. I can honestly say that even though they get stronger health wise, the fears of them getting sick will always linger. I am now 3.5 years into our preemie adventure, and I still cringe every time we go out and someone coughs or sneezes somewhere close to us. I also still go stir crazy during these winter months because I just refuse to take them out in public if we really don't have to.

You are not alone we all go through it. And actually I still screen everyone who plans on visiting us as well as anyone who invites us over.

I think we all just get to a point where we accept certain things that are not so normal to others.

Hang in there spring is soon approaching and you'll be able to venture out more soon.

*HUGS*
Shannon

Juliette said...

Hibernation is hard. I hope things get better. It's difficult, but sooo worth it. Ryan has been battling what we believe to be RSV for the past 2 1/2 weeks. It has really been scary at times. There have been several nights when I've wondered if we should go to the ER. Anyway...I guess I'm saying that RSV is scary enough to avoid it at all costs. You're doing such a good job with Olivia. RSV season is almost over and hopefully this will be the last season you have to live in exclusive hibernation.

Hang in there...spring is in the air!