Friday, April 17, 2009

Good-bye Sephs

Taryn and Persephone as babies
Persephone

What a sweetie!

This morning, I lost another guinea pig. . .my sweet Persephone. It actually isn't all that surprising since we lost Taryn a month ago and the two of them were the best of friends. We got them together as babies and they've been together for the past 6 years. I knew something was wrong with Persephone on Wed. night. She was acting similar to how Morgan acted after she had her stroke. I had taken Morgan to the vet and learned that there was nothing that I could do. . .just something that happens with old age. I was able to spend time with Persephone last night, however, and I knew she wouldn't make it through the night. Of course, now that leaves me with just two guinea pigs. . . Penelope and Harrison, both without pen-mates.

Persephone was the smallest of all the guinea pigs. . .even with all of her hair. She was very petite and very sweet. She didn't have a mean bone in her body. I think she also had the most nicknames. We called her Sephs, Sephy, Sephalufagus, etc. She will be very missed.


No comments: