Friday, June 26, 2009

Friday, June 26, 2009 - Update

Happy Birthday, Alex!

My nephew's birthday is June 27th, so we wanted to say Happy Birthday! Alex, we hope you enjoy it. . .it's the last year that your age will be in the single digits!!

Olivia is feeling better each day. She still has a rash and has been a bit cranky. She did sleep all night last night, so that's a good sign. Of course, I didn't sleep at all. I have a problem sometimes with restless legs syndrome. It's hard to explain, but for those who have experienced it. . .you know how awful it is. That was actually the third night in a row that it has kept me up and it's driving me crazy. Sleeping pills only make it worse, so I'm hoping and praying and hoping that I get some sleep tonight. Please oh please oh please!!!

5 comments:

jadengems said...

We can have insomnia together! I haven't been sleeping well all week. I can't relax when I close my eyes...I just keep thinking about random things or trying to solve genetics problems in my brain. It is really weird.

I feel like something is nagging at me, but can't figure out what!

I hope you get some rest soon and me, too!

~Lin

Heather @ boy, girl, and a pug said...

I also have Restless Legs Syndrome (and so does my mom). Did you know that Benedryl makes it worse? Tylenol PM has Benadryl in it so stay away from that. I also go some patches from my dr that I can put on my legs at night that really help with the pain. They just sort or relax the muscles and get them to slow down. Do you also have Restless Arms? My arms get all funky sometimes too. I don't remember the names of the patches but if we EVER make it home I will look it and try to get a couple for you to try out if you want. They really help.

Just Breathe said...

I am not sure but I know that my sister drinks a small amount of Tonic Water, it has something in it that helps restless legs syndrome. I don't usually have that but I seem to get something like that if I take Tylenol PM.
Hope this help you.

Amanda said...

this could be all talk...:) but my chiro tells me to eat more bananas... that something in them helps calm your legs down?!? Mine is also from caffine.... but..it seems everyones "restless legs" are different :) HAPPY ANNIVERSARY tomorrow! We just had our 7 year!.. ok...seriously? my word verification..is...wannealiy... ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! lololol...

Anonymous said...

I worked in a pharmacy when I was a teenager. I have had restless leggs since then. Quinine will sometimes help. Tonic Water has Quinine in it if you can tolerate the taste.