Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tuesday, August 18, 2009 - Update

My cousin, Rebekah, let me borrow her dog this week.

I can't wait to see him when I wake up in the morning.

When we were over at Joel and Laura's house, Olivia loved this stuffed dog of Rebekah's. Being the kind and generous cousin that she is. . .she let Olivia spend the week with "Springer." The first thing that Olivia has done the past few mornings is say "Woof Woof" and run out to give Springer a kiss. I don't think she's entirely sure as to whether Springer is real or not. She pets him very cautiously like she does a real dog. I hope this doesn't mean that we're going to have to go out and buy her a Springer look-alike when the dog goes back home and she wonders where he is.

Olivia has said "mama" for some time now. She recently added "mom" into the mix and now. . .she says "mommy." It is the cutest, most adorable thing I have ever heard. Don't tell Olivia this, but all she has to say is mommy and I will pretty much do whatever she asks of me. I took a little video of her saying it that I will try to post sometime. It will absolutely melt your heart. She is just exploding with new words. You can ask her how old she is going to be and she says, "Two!" She is trying to mimic everything we say and it is so cute. I can't believe how much she is growing up!

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Can't wait to hear all her words! See you both soon!