Thursday, August 26, 2010

Happy Birthday, Olivia!

Olivia 04 5x7

Tomorrow, August 27th, my baby girl is turning 3!  I put together a short slideshow of this past year.  Click the link below to view it. Enjoy! 

Olivia is Three!

Last year, I put together a short slideshow of Olivia as well.  I cried the entire time because I felt so guilty not making one for Logan. . .it’s his birthday too.  So, THIS year, I made his slideshow first (but, you don’t get to view that until next month.)  Then, I didn’t feel as awful knowing I’d devoted my time to him as well.  I struggle on this day. . .I think I always will.  I am torn between making the day happy and joyful for Olivia, but also remembering Logan.  Each year, I say, “I’m not going to cry,” but I still do.  I cry for Logan.  I cry because I’m crying and I shouldn’t cry for my daughter’s sake.  It’s her special day!  I thought maybe this year it would be easier, but it isn’t.  It’s really tough.

4 comments:

Michele said...

Happy Birthday Olivia and Logan *in heaven*. May this year be the best yet...You have so many people praying for you sweet little girl. Know that you are such a wonderful little miracle. You're brother is watching over you and he too was such a miracle...but his place was to be watching over you. God bless you sweetie.
Jodi, I know how bittersweet today is...it is such a sad...yet very happy day...so please know that I am thinking of you and hope that you are ok. You're twins are miracles...even though Logan is in Heaven. Him and Nick are probably best of friends :)
You may not have both of your twins here on earth but you are and always will be a mommy to twins...one on earth and one in heaven...how blessed are we to have angels. May you find peace and happiness today...You are doing an awesome job with Olivia...she is so beautiful and growing so strong. Much love my friend.

Jodi said...

Thanks, Michele. It's hard to admit how difficult their birthday is for me. It's supposed to be such a happy day. I know you understand. ((HUGS))

Janette said...

Happy 3rd birthday to Olivia and Logan!! I hope Olivia has a great day and I'm praying for you as you balance the sweetness of Olivia's special day and yet remembering sweet Logan in heaven!!

Amanda said...

There isn't much to add, Michele said it all. I will be praying for you this day, and month.. I can't imagine how many memories come back during the entire month. Love you!