Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - Update

I took a little trip down memory lane today.  After Olivia’s therapy, we went to eat at Cracker Barrel.  It’s Olivia’s favorite place to eat and she had been asking for it all week.  It just happens to be in the town that I grew up in.  So, after lunch I took her to the old park that I used to play at.  It hadn’t really changed much and although I enjoyed reminiscing, I think it left Olivia a bit underwhelmed. LOL.  We then went to the bigger park down by the swimming pool and they have a brand new jungle gym with about 5 slides. The only bad part of the day was that Olivia, at some point, took her glasses off and we had to search for them through the many fallen leaves.  She usually never takes them off without giving them to me, so I don’t know what came over her.  I didn’t think we were ever going to find them.  But, we did and we had fun and we enjoyed the gorgeous weather. 

In other news, my cat Autumn is still struggling with illness so she has another vet appointment tomorrow.  Poor thing has been miserable for over a month.  Hopefully, I’ll get some definite answers.  And. . .I’m still learning more and more about my diabetes.  Honestly, I’m really struggling with it.  I felt awful this afternoon. . .really exhausted and just not well.  I took my blood sugar 4 hours after I had eaten and it was still high!  I think I feel the worst when my blood sugar remains elevated for long periods of time. . at least that’s what I’m finding.  I just can’t seem to get a grip on this whole diabetic diet.  I can’t eat anything it seems without my blood sugar getting too high. . .kinda depressing.  Oh well, there are much worse things than diabetes. . .I just wish I could get to feeling better.  This little girl below deserves it.

IMGP5635

No comments: