Sunday, October 30, 2011

Potato Soup

I have been trying to find a good soup to fix this fall.  My husband does not particularly like soup, so I’ve debated about whether attempting it at all.  But, I found this recipe on Pinterest and decided to give it a try.

EASY CROCKPOT POTATO SOUP

1 30oz. bag of frozen, shredded hash browns {I used Ore Ida}

3 14oz. cans of chicken broth

1 can of cream of chicken soup

1/2 cup onion, chopped

1/4 tsp. ground pepper

1 pkg. cream cheese {don’t use fat free. It WON’T melt!!!}

Here are the “cast of characters.”

potato soup1

In a crockpot, combine everything EXCEPT for the cream cheese. Cook for 6-8 hours on low heat. About 1 hour before serving, add cream cheese and keep heated until thoroughly melted. Serve with cheese, sour cream, bacon bits, green onions, or whatever else you think would be good!!

photo (25)

Yummmmm!!  My husband even gave it two thumbs up and a “very good.”  Wow, that’s when you know you’ve struck gold.  I highly recommend. . .very easy and very tasty!

1 comment:

Kim said...

We eat baked potato soup a lot in the winter. Yummy! My recipe has milk in it, so it wouldn't do well in the crockpot. This one would be good for pot luck or teacher lunches at school. The last teacher lunch we had, I baked all the dessert and rolls, since I really don't like cooking in a crockpot if I don't have to. Come to think of it, I could probably count on one hand the number of times I've used my crockpot since I bought it 15 years ago! Ha!

I'm glad that Ryan liked it. About the only soup I see him eat regularly is mom's veggie beef!