Friday, November 4, 2011

Friday, November 4, 2011

Olivia LOVES the story of  The Three Little Pigs.  I think it’s because she’s a little scared of the big bad wolf and she likes to be scared.  Today, we searched the house for three pigs and a big bad wolf.  We re-enacted the story many many times.  I took pictures and I’m putting together a little story book for her. 

photo (27)

“Little pig, little pig, let me in!”

“Not by the hair on my chinny chin chin!”

“Then, I’ll huff and I’ll puff and I’ll blow your house in!”

photo (28)

photo (27)

You know the rest of the story. . .ha!

Olivia was back to herself today, although a little more tired and a little bit crankier.  She ate pretty bland food today, but had pizza for dinner and kept it all down.  I realized yesterday how quickly you seem to forget about the NICU, but how quickly it can all come flooding back.  A single smell, a glimpse of an isolette and I remember the life and death horror of it all.  I thought it had toughened me up.  I remember parents being anxious about taking their children in for something very minor and thinking, “Try saying good-bye to your child EVERY night and wondering if you’ll ever get to say hello again!”   But, the truth is, your baby is your baby.  You don’t want them in any pain.  It’s still going to break your heart every single time.  I’ll never be tough when it comes to that.

Please remember little Ben who has surgery early tomorrow morning to have his eye removed due to retinoblastoma, a cancerous tumor in his eye.  Please say a prayer for his parents and family and pray for a strength that only God can provide.  We love you, Ben!!!

No comments: