Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Prayers for Addy

A few weeks ago, I was going through my old scrapbooks and found a picture of a friend named Christina who I met while working at my first job as a courtesy clerk at Albertsons.  I hadn’t seen or heard from her in over 15 years.  We were often referred to as twins because we were the same size, had the same hair, both played the flute and from the back no one could tell us apart.  I couldn’t for the life of me remember her last name, but luckily she had written her full name on the back of the picture.  I decided to look her up on facebook and reconnect with her.  I’m so glad I did.  She had gone on to get a degree in elementary education (just like me) and I even found that she had the same couch as me in one of her pictures.  Unfortunately, I also learned that she had a daughter in the NICU.  Her daughter, Adalynn, was born in August with RCDP (Rhizomelic Chondrodysplasia Punctata) an autosomal recessive form of chondrodysplasia punctata characterized by defective plasmalogen biosynthesis and impaired peroxisomes.  I don’t even know what all that means, but this little girl has undergone many surgeries and has been placed on the oscillating ventilator and on dialysis.  Many times, children with RCDP do not survive beyond the first decade of life.  As far as I know, Addy is her one and only child.  My heart is literally breaking.

photo (35)

Even worse, today Christina was called back up to the hospital (she lives a few hours away) because Addy’s health is continually declining.  I remember getting that call with Logan.  It is the worst call you can ever imagine getting as a parent.  Please say a prayer for Christina and her family and sweet little Addy.  I don’t think it is merely chance that I happened to come across her picture when I did.  Please ask God to surround this family with his peace and love and pray that Addy will experience an improvement.  Thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying!
Love
Neva

Stacie said...

Sending prayers for Addy, her Mommy and Daddy.