Monday, December 12, 2011

World’s Best Snickerdoodles

Okay, so here they are. . .my mom’s famous snickerdoodles.  I believe she got the recipe from her grandma and they are delicious.  I’m a sucker for anything with cinnamon in them.  I made them for Olivia’s preschool Christmas party on Wednesday.

photo (38)

And, I added a hint of Christmas cheer (aka red and green sugar)

photo (39)

Ingredients:

1 c shortening

1 1/2 c sugar

2 eggs

2 3/4 c flour

2 tsp cream of tartar

1 tsp baking soda

1/4 tsp salt

Directions:

1.  Mix together shortening, sugar and eggs.

2.  Sift together and stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.

3.  Chill for 1 hour.

4.  Roll into small balls.

5.  Roll in cinnamon and sugar mixture: 2 Tbsp sugar, 2 tsp cinnamon.

6.  Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 375 for 8-10 minutes.

7.  Enjoy!

No comments: