Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I took Olivia to the dentist today.  On Sunday, she started telling me that her tooth was loose.  A few weeks ago, she watched The Berenstain Bears Visit The Dentist and Sister Bear had a loose tooth.  I thought she was kinda pulling my leg.  But, Olivia consistently pointed to the same tooth and I noticed that it was really bothering her.  I called the dentist who said it’s not uncommon to lose a tooth this early.  Then, you know me. . .I start worrying that it’s a cavity or something else wrong, so I got her in today.  They took an x-ray (with Olivia screaming and three people plus me holding her down. . .it was awful.)  No cavity and no sign of the tooth being loose, so we have NO idea what’s going on.  It’s one of her bottom front teeth, so that kinda rules out sinus problems or an earache.  I’ll just give her Tylenol when she complains a lot about it and see what happens, I guess.  What we did learn, after seeing the x-ray, is that Olivia’s permanent teeth are HUGE!  They are about twice as big as her baby teeth (that currently have no spaces between them.)  So,  they are about 100% sure that she will have to have her jaw expanded sometime between 7-9 years of age.  Her jaw is so narrow and tiny.  As soon as I get my dental work paid for (which is an insane amount of money!) it looks like we’ll be paying for hers. LOL! I laugh, because, what else can you do?  :)  Pray that her tooth gets to feeling better soon or that we figure out what is going on. 

No comments: