Saturday, February 18, 2012

Saturday, February 18, 2012

We decided to drive up to Hutchinson today and go to the Kansas Cosmosphere and Space Center.  Olivia has shown an interest lately in planets and rockets and space, so we thought she might enjoy it.  To be honest, I was never interested in any of that as a child so I’m trying to re-open my eyes to it.  LOL!  We even made it to an IMAX show about elephants and orangutans.   When the show first started, Olivia asked, “Are we IN the movie?” It was too cute.  I’ve always been impressed by the IMAX theater at the Cosmosphere  too. 

photo (45)

photo (46)

I guess we were both looking up at the wrong camera. . .

photo (43)

I think she had a good time.  Upon leaving, however, we found out that she was disappointed because she thought she was going there to ride in a rocket.  So, it didn’t quite live up to her expectations. 

1 comment:

Amanda said...

God love her! You couldnt have called NASA and arranged a rocket ride?! ;) actually... Do we do that anymore? Didn't we get rid of our space program or something? Or am I way off... Lol. Could've swore I heard that a few months ago. Anywho! Looks like she had fun! Love the pic of you two together.. She's getting so big! Fun times are ahead! :)