Friday, March 2, 2012

Friday, March 2, 2012

So, I’m a little ashamed that I just now got around to doing this since my daughter thrives on routine.  But, I made these little laminated cards that we have started using to plan our day.  Each morning, I go over them with Olivia so that she’ll know what her day is going to be like.  I usually do just the morning and then after lunch, we go over the afternoon.  It’s amazing how much more receptive she is to things when she sees that it is coming up next.  And she gets so excited to see the PLAY card. 

photo (45)

I think I’ll probably add some magnets to the back and display them on the refrigerator.  Right now, we are just setting them out on the floor. 

Anyway, we had 70 degree weather here yesterday so after I picked her up from preschool, we headed to the park.  It was fairly busy there and Olivia doesn’t like to be around crowds.  I was mortified when she exclaimed very loudly that she “didn’t like these kids!!”  And here I thought we had worked pretty hard on manners.  She usually doesn’t like to play with kids that she doesn’t know.  In fact, while most of the parents are watching from the sidelines, Olivia always wants me playing right there with her.  I don’t mind, but I wish she was a little more open to playing with other kids.  Olivia did have a ball making mountains in the sand with her cousin, Izzy.  Thank goodness she has Izzy and a few other good friends that she enjoys playing with.

 photo (49)

No comments: