Monday, April 30, 2012

Monday, April 30, 2012

I had one of those moments with Olivia tonight that I will always remember.  First, she wanted to cuddle with me in the rocking chair.  Anytime Olivia actually chooses to cuddle with you (which is actually becoming more and more frequent) you stop everything and do it!  I was just starting dinner, but everything else just fell to the back burner.  Nothing else mattered.   Not only did we rock in the rocking chair, she wanted me to sing her the songs that I sang to her as a baby. . .Mockingbird, Jesus Loves Me, The Ants Go Marching, etc.  I held her and we rocked and rocked and rocked.  I told her how much I loved her and how glad I was that she made me a mommy.  She said, “I love you too!  You made me a daughter!” I just remembered all those months and years of praying for God to make me a mother.  I just remembered all of the struggles that my family and I have gone through to build our family.  And it was all worth it to make Olivia my daughter. 

No comments: