Monday, May 14, 2012

8 Weeks

 

IMGP0042

fetal_dev_08_weeks_sml[1] 

Current size of baby: Kidney Bean

How far along? 8 weeks

Total weight gain: 1 lb

Inches Gained: 1 inch. Yes, I feel like I’m already showing.  I showed really early with Olivia and Logan and I thought it was because I was carrying more than one baby.  But, maybe I’m just an “early show-er” because there is just one baby in there.

Maternity clothes? No

Sleep: Great

How I'm feeling: Very fatigued, a bit nauseous. I fell asleep this week about 10 times while trying to read Olivia one book.  I’ve never done that before.  I’m also very forgetful!

Best moment this week: Going to my first OB appointment and seeing the baby. We saw the heartbeat, but didn’t get to listen to it or measure it.

Movement: No

Food cravings: Still varies, but I’ve wanted ice cream a lot lately. And cheese burgers and fries! With Olivia and Logan I craved cantaloupe. Sadly, it’s nothing that healthy this time.

Food aversions: Also variable, lately it has still been salads.

Gender: Unknown. Be sure to vote in the poll on the top right of the side bar.  So far, I think Olivia is the only one who has guessed sister.  I asked her why she thinks it is a sister and she simply replied, “Because I already have a brother.”

Labor Signs: NO

Belly Button in or out? in

What I miss: Riding on amusement park rides with my daughter.

What I am looking forward to: My next OB appt on June 6th.

Milestones: Baby’s heart is beating!

(Does this post look familiar, Amanda?) I’m completely stealing it from you.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I am sooooooo excited beyond words to be reading this!!!! Yay for babies! :)

Anonymous said...

So excited for you! I voted for a Brother for Olivia.........just a feeling! Will she share her Peacock with her new sibling?!

Brandi W.

Juliette said...

I'm so excited for you!!!!